Gamingload
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gamingload

A place for gamers to relax, read and write reviews.

HomeHome  Chatbox  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
New fix! Important! Read about it in the DevBlog!
GLRPG Clock

GLRPG

Latest topics
» Indie Bundle Sites
Kitteh's Game Recommendations EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 8:47 pm by DannyL7773

» Whitelisted Sites
Kitteh's Game Recommendations EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 8:21 pm by DannyL7773

» Blacklisted Sites
Kitteh's Game Recommendations EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 8:12 pm by DannyL7773

» Priest Skill: Holy Light
Kitteh's Game Recommendations EmptyThu May 02, 2013 2:57 am by Dice Bot

» Priest Skill: Dual Heal
Kitteh's Game Recommendations EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 9:19 pm by Dice Bot

» Priest Skill: Heal
Kitteh's Game Recommendations EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 5:09 pm by DannyL7773

» Priest Tryouts
Kitteh's Game Recommendations EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 7:03 pm by DannyL7773

» Casts to be done
Kitteh's Game Recommendations EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 5:44 pm by DannyL7773

» What u been busy with lately?!
Kitteh's Game Recommendations EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 1:29 pm by DannyL7773

Top posters
Dice Bot
Kitteh's Game Recommendations I_vote_lcapKitteh's Game Recommendations I_voting_barKitteh's Game Recommendations I_vote_rcap 
-ammera-
Kitteh's Game Recommendations I_vote_lcapKitteh's Game Recommendations I_voting_barKitteh's Game Recommendations I_vote_rcap 
MaidenofDeath
DannyL7773
Osaki Nana
SikayuNamuro
Chiharu
Kitteh
DasDragon
Capoccio

Kitteh's Game Recommendations

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kitteh

Kitteh

Character Profile
Health:
Kitteh's Game Recommendations Left_bar_bleue420/420Kitteh's Game Recommendations Empty_bar_bleue  (420/420)
Magic Power:
Kitteh's Game Recommendations Left_bar_bleue275/275Kitteh's Game Recommendations Empty_bar_bleue  (275/275)
Class: Thunder Knight

Kitteh's Game Recommendations Empty
PostSubject: Kitteh's Game Recommendations   Kitteh's Game Recommendations EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 5:47 pm

Only doing recent games I've played because I don't feel like doing a whole pros/cons for every game I love.

PC:
Dungeons & Dragons online
Pros:
Fun combat, not turn-based or click and wait.
Solid system and game. Used to be pay to play so it's expected.
Intuitive class system.
Hireling system so you essentially don't have to do everything alone.
Almost everything is instance-based, therefore you don't have to worry about being KSed. Chats are zone-based. So you wont EXACTLY be alone.
Cons:
Steep learning curve.
Steep learning curve.
Steep learning curve(Listed thrice because it is quite steep. If you don't understand the simple concepts even the more difficult will escape you.)
Can be very difficult to solo if your "build" isn't correct. Though could also be counted as a pro because some builds aren't meant to be played alone. You wouldn't solo as a healer, or even a caster.
Understanding what stacks and what doesn't is a bit annoying. Can also be counted under steep learning curve.
Not very much content if you don't buy adventure packs or buy VIP.
Overall: 8.5/10

Portal 2
Pros:
EXCELLENT dialogue. My number 1 reason for playing Portal 2.
Well fleshed out Co-op campaign, offers lots of enjoyment.
GREAT single player Campaign.
Intuitive physics system. "Speedy thing goes in speedy thing comes out."
Cons:
Anyone who can think logically can easily solve the puzzles. Only one puzzle actually confused me, and that was a co-op puzzle.
Co-op could have been longer and less....repetitive.
Overall: 9/10

Hunted: The Demon's Forge
Pros:
Fun linear Hack n' slash, they incorporate some tangents that allow you to take a break from the main quest and find some epic loot.
Interesting combat system.
Developed by Bethesda softworks.(May not be a pro for you, but it is for me.)
If you mainly play as the girl(Which I did), you get a nice view for the whooooole game. (lol)
Offers a Co-op option, which would be expected. Not tried it, but assume it would be fun.
Cons:
Linear.
The puzzles seem to mainly involve using the woman and having her light arrows and shoot them at things. Fairly repetitive in that sense.
The loot is all fairly static. That is to say they don't vary the models between different weapon groups.
Not much re-playability.
Overall: 6.5/10

WIP. Will update when I have time/can think.
Back to top Go down

Kitteh's Game Recommendations
Page 1 of 1